Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Farewell, Miss Darcy

No, this is not the end and I am not leaving.  I love this blog and these followers too much to do that. :)

But it is the end of Miss Georgiana Darcy.  You see, when I started blogging (almost two years ago already!) little me was a barely-teenaged girl, shy, rather too silly and extremely fond of Jane Austen.  Since then, I have matured (I hope!) and while I still love Miss Austen's books, this bloggie is having less and less to do with them.  And I'm not as shy anymore.  In fact, though I still think her name sounds sweet and elegant, it is time for it and me to part ways.

In short... I will be renaming my blog.  Miss Georgiana Darcy has a lot of sentimental associations with it, but I have at last found The Perfect Name that I think will reflect my life and my aspirations, as well as my blog, a lot better.  So here's a fond farewell to  Miss Darcy and hopes that you will like the new name, which is shortly to be revealed.

Until then!  I hope to post a nice long update on life in general soon.  There's so much to talk about that I don't even know where to start, but we'll see.  Have a lovely week, ladies!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

15 comments:

Anne-girl said...

I shall miss Miss Georgiana and I think in my head your name and hers will always be linked but I look forward to a new bloggy beginning!

Hannah Elise said...

That's sad yet sweet :) I can't wait to hear your new name! And it's so awesome to hear how you've matured in the past couple years :)

Melody said...

Noooooooooooo.
*sobs*

Wait, you matured out of being extremely fond of Jane Austen?

HOW DARE YOU.

*cough*

Um. Anyways. Look forward to seeing what you come up with. I guess. :P

;)

(But your header is so pretty! Can you keep the picture?)

Alexandra said...

I'm itching with suspense!!! Can't wait to see what it is!

Isn't it funny how things change in just a few years? I mean, my blog was a SEWING blog when I started it, and now...it's just funny. :)

So anyway! Bravo, congrats, can't wait...and can't wait to hear how your life's going! :)

Jemimah said...

I will miss Miss Georgiana Darcy, but the new name and changes seem like something to look forward to. Will you give us a hint as to what the new title will be? :)

Miss Dashwood said...

I second pretty much everything Melody said... YOU TRAITOR... but on the other hand, I'm quite anxious to see what your new title will be. And of course, best wishes in new endeavors and all that. :D I shall never stop reading your blog or being your friend, even if you pull a dastardly about-face on my most belovedest author of all time... *LOUD SNIFF*

Analiese said...

How fun! I love Georgiana but am very excited to see your new blog name. :D

Miss Melody Muffin said...

WHEW!! You had me scared for a moment that you had decided to leave blogging!

I'm very much looking forward to what the new name will be and hearing how your life has been!

Rissi said...

Yay for new names - that's fun. Sometimes a blogger needs to do that to expand on creative-ness and all that jazz. ;)

Alexandra said...

I'm not even going to go into my thoughts on "maturing out of Austen" lest another comment war start...*innocent cough* ;)

Miss Dashwood said...

I do like your new title, I must say. :D

Grace said...

A new name! It's a good thing I had to link up to this blog for the award I gave you, because I put your old name :-o. I did not see this post until today... So, yes, I have awarded you.

It's on my new blog(I switched addresses). The new blog can be found here:

http://itssimplygrace.blogspot.com/

Grace

Rachel Danielle said...

Awwww... well I am certainly glad that you are growing and look forward to what is to come!! :D

Melody said...

Tag, you're it! ;)
http://www.regencydelight-janeaustenetc.blogspot.com/2013/05/another-elevensies-tag.html

Lauren said...

I've missed a lot of your posts...for some reason they haven't shown up in my reading list, but now they are! I love your new title. I went through the same thing. My interests and personality have changed a lot since I started my blog. I still love literature and period dramas, but there is more to life than them.:)
Blessings,
-Lauren