Thursday, February 7, 2013

Single Ladies' Valentine's Party!

Meghan at Just as I am had the delightful idea of a Valentines' Blog Party for single ladies!  Perfect for us girls who aren't married (and content that way too, for now) but who still are hopeless romantics and don't want to miss out on the fun!  She's compiled a delightful set of questions to break the ice.


1. White chocolate or milk/dark chocolate?  Dark chocolate.  Oh yes.

2. Tea or Coffee?  Honestly, I prefer the flavor of coffee (like chocolate, but darker and stronger) but since I don't want to be addicted to it, I drink more herbal teas.
 
3. Movie or book on a night-in? A good movie when I just want something special, a book with tea by the fire for ordinary nights.
 
4. Rom-com or a tear-jerker? I do like movies that make me cry, but I don't watch all that many of them.  Sad endings are depressing.  So, rom-com.
 
5. Who is the first literary couple to come to your mind?  Sir Percy and Marguerite Blakeney.   This would be because I've heard way too much about Certain Peoples' favorite literary couples...
 

6. Who is the first *movie* couple that comes to your mind? I kid you not, when I first read this question on Meghan's blog, my mind went something like "Lord of the Rings - Eowyn!  Eowyn... and Aragorn."  But they're not even a couple.  Marius and Cosette, then.  Although they're a movie couple by no more than a few weeks and I haven't even watched the movie they come from.
 
7. Roses or chocolate?  I love chocolate, but I haven't really been given flowers, other than bouquets from siblings and a pointsettia from my brother for my 14th birthday.  So that would be very special.
 
8. Fancy dinner in a 4-star restaurant or a simple picnic?  Both :)

 
9. Dream wedding scenario: outdoor family affair, or a formal church wedding & reception at a 5-star hotel?  Formal church wedding & reception.  Although... a standing reception outside after the wedding and before the hotel reception would be nice.
 
10. What was the last love song you listened to?  In My Life from Les Miserables.
 
11. Favorite real-life/celebrity couple?  Uh, I don't know.  My parents?
 
12. One piece of advice about love: To love at all is to be vulnerable. - C. S. Lewis
For love (not just romantic love, any kind) you can't stay in your cozy atrophied little comfort zone.  You have to decide to love, to be brave enough to love, to love even when it can hurt you.

8 comments:

Rissi said...

This sure looks like fun! :)

Alexandra said...

WHO could have possibly cemented Percy and Marguerite in your brain? Dear, dear. ;)

This is so fun!

Melody said...

Noooooo. You're joining the world of the Miserable Ones.

Sigh. Oh well. I knew it would happen someday or other. :P

BTW... your header is swellissimus. I quite adore it.

Maria Elisabeth said...

Rissi,
Yes it is!

Ally,
Yes, I wonder... ;)

Melody,
You knew it would happen sometime. Besides, if I am a Miserable One I cannot help it. It is not my own fault. :P

Thank you!

Meghan Gorecki said...

"In My Life" is a beautiful song...& much happier than "On My Own". But even with that--Eponine is still my favorite character.
Thanks so much for joining in the party fun!!!
Blessings! <3

Hannah Elise said...

Thank you for following my blog, Miss Georgiana! :)

Abigail Rogers said...

This is fun! A few years ago I hosted a real life Valentine's party for my single girlfriends. I did it the next year, and the next, and then my brother and his guy friends joined in. Yesterday we had our 6th annual celebration--a costume party potluck dinner with hilarious skits, games, and tons of fun. I may be single, but I always look forward to Valentine's Day!

Kiri Liz said...

I love your new header, Maria!!!

And, I've tagged/awarded you at Lianne Taimenlore!

http://liannetaimenlore.blogspot.com/2013/02/ags-and-tawards-i-mean-tags-and-awards.html