Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Grey Days to Glimmering


 
Oh, it's coooold.  I'm huddled up with my pinkest of pink scarves around my shoulders (must wear something cheerful, y'know) listening to the cozy whir of the fireplace fan that supposed to distribute it's heat all around the house and make it cozy warm.  And thinking about hot chocolate.  Should I have that right before bed or would chamomile tea be better?

On such a January-ish day, the perfect thing to do is participate in Kellie's Grey Days to Glimmering blog party.  She's compiled a giveaway and a lovely set of questions to answer!
 
1) What's your favorite thing to do when you've been feeling uninspired? What I normally do is hop onto pinterest or hunt up some chocolate

2) Tell us about a really great movie/show that you've just discovered.
Sherlock.  It isn't healthy to be too obsessed with something, as I am finding out, but it really is quite brilliant. 

3) What do you like to do to change your mood?
The aforementioned going onto Pinterest or hunting up chocolate.  I've also found that a cup of tea or something warm is great for making me more peaceful.  My go-to mood changer used to be a book, but busyness has made me act like an attention deficit toddler in regard to less than fascinating books.  Somehow, though, a bit of the Bible (especially the Psalms) can keep my attention better.  A Bible passage and something warm to drink together are absolutely wonderful.

4) Your favorite drink is currently...
Hot chocolate... probably. (I decided for that over the chamomile tea.  Excuse me while I stir the cocoa powder in.)  I'm also finding out I love the flavor of coffee - as long as it has lots of cream and even more sugar.

5) When you hear the word exuberant, what's the first word that comes to mind?
Giggles.  Giggles of delight like I have when I'm overwhelmingly and delightfully happy.

6) What made you smile last?  The giggles of delight that came on when I saw the last question.

7) What five songs would make a playlist to describe your week?
"Amazing Love"
"Scotland the Brave" just because it's nice to sing about Scotland when you're doing your math on a very cold day.
"Empty Chairs at Empty Tables"  because, actually, both the kitchen table and the chairs around it are actually neat.  And because I'm in the Les Mis mood.  "Oh my friends, my frieeeeeends - "
My little sister is quick to remind me that if I keep on singing like that I soon won't have any friends.  Very kind of you, Munchie.
And for the rest?  If you find two songs about laziness you can put those on the list.

8) What's at the top of your creative 'To-Do' list?
Make fruit salad for breakfast tomorrow morning.  I'm afraid busyness is making me sadly un-creative.

9) The last thing you crossed off the above list was...
Wrap Mamma's birthday present in pink tissue paper and purple celophane.  It surprisingly looks quite good.

10) Quickly - the first movie quote from the top of your head, please!
"Is that some heavy-handed metaphorical advice for me, Mr. Pitt?"
Honestly, I can't remember the rest of that quote (it's from Amazing Grace, by the way) but I can remember Ioan Gruffud and Benedict Cumberbatch running and talking about thorns in their feet.

11) The best thing about January is...
That you can stay at home and be cosy instead of feeling obliged to go out to Christmas/summer parties or take runs outside.  Yes, I'm lazy.

12) The worst thing about January is...
This January?  The cold, of course, and the fact that the dear ducks and chickens and dogs will be cold and thirsty unless you keep their heat lamps running properly and go out regularly to keep their water from turning into ice.

13) What's your #1 resolution for 2013?
"More love to Thee, O Christ."

14) And lastly, share a quote or verse that you've found especially inspiring lately.

this.

2 comments:

Katrina DeLallo said...

That's a lovely quote. I find it quite apt for my mood this evening.

It's funny, because I would have gone for a cup of hot coffee, and something sweet to go with it. I find that hot chocolate makes me, interestingly enough, thirsty. And I don't like chamomile tea. I like black tea, a bit of milk please, and a dash of sugar. But that's for the evening time. :)

Faith F. said...

I love the new blog look- though the old one was lovely too!!!
~ Faith