Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Well, I'm back

I suppose the right way to try to reintroduce myself into your good graces after such a long absence would be to make a delightfully amusing post about the wonderful summer I had and how my own silly procrastination kept me from writing the blog posts I desperately wanted to. But, even if such a post isn't boring for you who'd try to read it, it would be a dreadful bore for me to write it. Suffice it to say that it was a very interesting summer with a lot of fun, boredom, energy, and mood swings. Some of the happenings included getting a brand new laptop, meeting lovely people, reading lovely books, plotting like crazy (plotting books, peoples! Really, I'm not plotting to take down blogdom. Anyways,) reading good, great, and hilarious books (look at my Goodreads for a sample,) watching looooooong movies, going to beaches, listening to soundtracks, going to get-togethers and parties, singing, and... but I'll stop now. We wouldn't want this first paragraph to be longer than the amusing apology post that would bore us all, would we?

Anyways, now I'm finished with summer laziness and getting into school and schedule. I actually cleaned by room completely yesterday. (Believe me, cleaning it is rare enough, but completely is even more. I think it was only once this summer than the cardmaking supplies didn't lace my bookshelf, desk, and floor.)

I'm pretty excited about this year's schoolwork. (Y'all do know I'm homeschooled, right?) I'll be 'officially graduated' sooner than I think I realize right now. Things have gotten a lot more challenging and a lot more interesting too. I'm doing the Omnibus (literature/history/worldview, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera) course right now and I'm pretty excited about it. Even though I'm starting smack-bang in the middle of the books right now, I'm glad to get into it. It looks like it has Real Books, with plenty of classics, an extremely solid worldview, and lots of opportunities to think (which I really like doing sometimes.) On top of this there is that er, problematic math (full of all that nasty geometry and algebra which I never can quite get,) chemistry (which I'm expecting to be better than biology but not as interesting as physics,) Bible, French, music, art, and whatever other things one's Mamma thinks it would be good for one to do.

And that's what will be filling my days, I think! Plus, of course, all those lovely things I've been doing this summer but can't bear to give up. So I expect to be busy, but happy and productive. I've been given a couple delightful awards from some sweet people which I was absolutely estatic to recieve, but I never quite managed to get on here and communicate that ecstacy to you. So you should expect some dee-lightful award posts on here soon. :)

Oh, and before I go, do read Rachel's post with a comment challenge. But this is not a hint. Really, it isn't. It's just something that needs to be said and a much needed reminder to myself. A couple of my bloggy friends wrote amazing posts in the last day or two but did I comment on them? Uh-uh.

Just one more thing: what on earth does one suggest as a name for a little sister's real live birthday present rooster? Bertie Rooster is what I would call him, but it isn't an option for that non-Wodehouse reading girl (she is only ten, after all...)

12 comments:

Miss Marjoram said...

Hello Miss Georgiana!
I wanted to thank you for following my blog. I love to connect with other bloggers. Have a lovely week.

Miss Marjoram said...

I really think you will love this epic film our friends are in the process of filming! Visit the website to see updates and sneak peaks....the video is going to be amazing; although filmed in Michigan, the story takes place in Colonial England!

Rachel (Cynthia) Heffington said...

Oooh! Naming things! And as a Wodehouse fan myself I think that charming name, though I had to read it twice to understand the pun. But I *did* get it and that's what matters... let's see.

You could call him Cochillos de Talon which is a name I made up for a rooster in a story once...only I forget what it was Spanish for... Something of the Talons, I believe. :P But for a 10 year old girl it might be hard to pronounce... Hrm.

...well, I'll return if I ever think of anything. Keep us posted on what you named him!

Anne-girl said...

Bertie Rooster! Love love love! How about.....Can't think of anything.

Anyhooz You love Physics! I am your friend forever.

Rosamund Gregory said...

Hmmm...roosterian nomens...interesting question. Bertie Rooster is, obviously, just about the best you can get; but some people just don't understand wodehousian refrences. I didn't, before I started reading him. I am under an impression that I used to sometimes laugh at books--at least, that's if I remember correctly--but I'm not sure that they were actually that funny. Probably not, compared to PG, as is natural. Maybe Chesterton was hysterical--for he still is--but Wodehouse is a blast...

Anyways, rooster names. how about Arthur after faith Meredith's pet rooster (in the Anne of Green Gables book Rainbow Valley)? Has she read that?

Alexandra said...

Welcome back!!!! :) Missed your blogging!

Rooster name? I pick Bertie Rooster. Oh, wait, that wasn't an option....rats...

Miss Melody Muffin said...

Welcome back, Maria!!!!!

You have my deepest condolences. How I hated math when I was in school! (My hatred has waned somewhat in the last couple years.)

You're taking French!! I've wanted to learn French for years! I'm trying to finish a Spanish course and then I plan to take a course in French.

I'm looking forward to 'seeing' more of you!

Amanda said...

Welcome back! :) I am still among the dearly departed in the blogosphere, though honestly, I am trying to get back to my blogs. :) Hopefully very soon! :)

Kiri Liz said...

All the best people are homeschooled! At least, that's what I believe. I graduated last year (meaning the spring of 2011), and since then I haven't been able to extract myself completely from schooling. I'm teaching now, but still learning. And it's fun! :)

Chemistry is NOT as interesting as biology... take it from me. At least the class I took was... well, uh, let's just say I enjoyed biology more.

Ooh! Love French... even though I'm not that good at it...

And by the way, I'm blaming Rachel and her comment challenge for all the random comments I'm leaving on people's blogs. I just discovered that I really enjoy leaving comments. It's like writing mini blog posts... or not. *sigh* Rachel was so inspiring...

Anywho...

God bless!
Kiri Liz

Emily said...

I just feel like saying how much I always enjoy reading your posts! You do write such lovely things! The sort of posts that make me happy coming away from and I always feel inspired to go write more and better posts of my own after reading yours! Also, you just reminded me that I really need to make a new goodreads account, I used to have one and I forgot all about it but I've been meaning to make a new one.

Hayden said...

I'm sorry, she's just going to half to call him Bertie rooster without knowing why for a couple of years.

It's just too perfect. :) *big grin*

Anonymous said...

Wow i love this blog! Great work!
-Jen
Follow me? http://chiccupcake1.blogspot.com