|Because with David Tennant around, everyone else looks awkward. :P|
Sorry to get you Whovians' hopes up: I haven't actually watched Dr. Who. But I HAVE watched David Tennant and he. is. amazing.
- That I haven't posted for three weeks. Three weeks. That's the longest I've left this blog alone since I was camping last summer.
- Having my laptop (which for the past week or two has borne the name of Kate Nickleby - yes, my computer naming is complicated) suddenly stop working. And that right when my Mom's laptop is away for repairs. Hence (does anyone still use that word? It's rather archaic, but it fits...) my lack of posts.
- The fact that this is Saturday, not Thursday. Believe it or not, I have awkward Saturdays too.
- Feeling only half-alive at the dinner table and bursting into tears when someone talked to me. Bursting into tears at the dinner table! What was I thinking? Oh, right. It's too hot to think. And when I say too hot, I mean TOO HOT.
- Going around singing the song stuck in my head at the moment, then realizing that I had been proclaiming to everyone that I like an atmosphere as restful as an undiscovered tomb and that I am a gentle man, of philosophic joys. Heehee. I think I need a few less... interesting songs to sing. Any suggestions?
- Tossing my makeup bag, including an almost never used container of blush, into my purse. Opening it later to find that the bag had a hole in it, the blush fell out, opened and covered everything inside of my nice black purse pink! It was rather ridiculous wiping half centimeter cakes of blush off quarters and dimes and trying in vain to turn a now-pink hair scrunchie white again. This is when you don't want too see the world (or your purse!) through rose-colored lenses.
|Just because this is so beautiful...|
- Double chocolate cookies
- Watching a stunning fireworks display last Saturday night, driving in to our little town to see their fireworks on Canada Day too, standing on the fence after everyone was sleeping to catch whatever the neighbors might be shooting off, and on the fourth, when I thought we were done with fireworks, being surprised by a lovely glimpse of them by some patriotic American who happened to find himself in Canada. I love fireworks.
- Henry Tilney. Oh, wait, I thought that was obvious.
At the further end of the village, and tolerably disengaged from the rest of it, stood the parsonage, a new-built substantial stone house, with its semicircular sweep and green gates; and, as they drove up to the door, Henry, with the friends of his solitude, a large Newfoundland puppy and two or three terriers, was ready to receive and make much of them.Ah, yes. Henry Tilney AND a parsonage AND a Newfoundland puppy AND a few terriers! Talk about amazing. And if you would take less than two minutes to get a glimpse into Mr. Tilney's many delightfulnesses, watch this video.
- Clever people who comment or email me (And if you think that was a shameless hint, it wasn't quite. ;) Just an acknowledgement of thoughtful kindness and an opinion that thoughtfully kind people are very clever - and greatly appreciated)
- To Have and To Hold - a new book on my favorites list. I actually wrote a review of it for In the Library awhile ago. If you like historical fiction, adventure or romance, you'd love it. Oh, and Leaguettes, it has a splendiferous hero by the name of... are you ready?... Percy. Yup. :D
- All the posts I have in my head. At least, I think they're awesome. You wouldn't know, because you haven't read them yet. But believe me, I don't plan to leave this poor little blog alone for a long, long time.