Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Fashion event, awards, randomness, and announcements...

at A Butcher, A Backer, A Candlestick Maker
Rachel's theme for this week was 'Gypsy'.  I looked in my closet and found a sad lack of pretty belts and peasant blouses.  (That's ridiculous - I love peasant blouses!)  But when she mentioned tiered skirts I just had to join in.  Tiered skirts are the one thing I do have.  So here's what I wore:

Yes, that's me. :P
For reasons of privacy, blah, blah, blah, I'm am not posting pictures of my face on the internet.  But we're not talking about me, we're talking about the outfit.

As a rule, I don't like skirts with almost every color of the rainbow squashed in together.  I like things to match, please.  But I couldn't help this lovely skirt and it's swishy tiered-ness.  It is  a tiered skirt, even if you can't see it from the picture.

A while ago, I got some blog awards.

 Marissa from The Countryside Lady gave me the


Thank you, dearie!  It seems the rules for this award are to write ten random things about yourself and award it to six other bloggers.  So prepare to hear randomness.

1: I have still not decided whether my hair is curly, waved or straight.

2: After a shower my hair is sometimes curly.  Out of a bun (like that with the handly clip above.  I'm addicted to buns) it's a little wavy.  When I brush it is either slightly straight or slightly wavy.

3: In my typically devious fashion, I make really easy cinnamon buns using a biscuit recipe. 

4: I do not like Silas Wegg from Our Mutual Friend.

5: I happen to be reading Our Mutual Friend just now.

6: I also happen to just have finished I Kissed Dating Goodbye.  It didn't really enter my mind to go and read it before.  I plan to have a God-honouring - um, romantic relationship - and I don't consider myself old enough for a - um, romantic relationship - of any kind.

7: But I did pick up that book yesterday (yes, finished it in one afternoon) and reading through it, I realized it's not just about dating at all.  The focus of the book is to serve God and do what's best in every area of your life. Or at least, that's what I got from it.

8: I am looking forward to watching TSP1982 with a veeeeeeeery good friend in the next week or two. (Very good friend, if you're reading this: we have to do it soon.  We really do.)

9: I am of rather a jealous nature. Unpleasant, but true.  I hope that that's the only thing in which I resemble Lucy Steele.

10: In real life, I can't help calling people ducks. 

Now, six creative people.  I'm going by creative blog design and creative posts and comments.  No, wait.  I'm doing seven people



And also from Marissa

Thank you, dearie.  (Or should I call you dear duck?)
This is all about being helpful.  You are supposed to tell three helpful things you've done and nominate three helpful people for the award.

I'm not as helpful as I should.  Do I resemble Lucy Steele in that too?  Let me see... I helped my nine-year-old sister with her math (I do it often, it's fun!) took over my brother's job this morning because he was busy, and made the aforesaid cinnamon buns.

And as to the helpful people.  Let me see.
Amy (I know you've already done this award, but without you, m'dear, I would have probably never figured out how to make blog buttons)
Rachel (you are such an inspiration to me)
Amanda (Wait!  Are you helping me or am I helping you or are we both helping each other or - what?)


This is from Abilaine at Miss Emma Woodhouse and Jessa at Life of a Michigan Homeschooler

Thank you, dearest of ducks!

And now, the five people to give it to:

Abigail (whose blog is private)

And the title of this post did say something about announcements, didn't it?

  Well, I announce...

that you should expect some announcements...

that interest me greatly...

and that should hopefully interest you...

in the next week or two...

That's all!

Until then, then.

~ Maria

6 comments:

Rachel Heffington said...

Bravo bravo, and thank you for awarding me! :) I am *so* glad you decided to link up with the fashion week--I loved your outfit. :)

Anne-girl said...

Thank you! I've awarded you something i can't remember how to spell.

Hanne-col said...

I tagged you over at my blog.

An Old-Fashioned Girl said...

Maria, dear, please don't keep us all in suspense over that announcement too long!

Maria Elisabeth said...

Rachel,
You're welcome and thank you!

Anne-girl,
Ah, yes, the L award. I can't remember how to spell it either. :D

Hannecol,
Thank you!

An Old-Fashioned Girl,
Well, I'll try not to. You see, there's more than just one announcement, so I think I'll spread them out.

Miss Laurie of Old-Fashioned Charm said...

Love your skirt!

Thanks for the very sweet award dear! :)