Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My dear friends,

My dear Janeites and TSPites, my dear Dickens fans and Gaskell lovers, and all my good followers that I welcome back at last to my blog.  This is my one hundred and eleventh post: I am eleventy-one today!

I shall not keep you long.  I have called  you all together for a Purpose.  Indeed, for three purposes!  First of all, to tell you that I am immensely fond of you all and that eleventy-one posts is too short a time to live among such excellent and admirable hobbits bloggers.  I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.  (Do I?  Something to think about...)

Secondly, to celebrate my post-anniversary-day.

Thirdly and finally, I wish to make an ANNOUNCEMENT.  I regret to announce that - though, as I said, eleventy-one posts is far too short a time to spend among you - this is...

No, this is not the end.  I am not leaving.  But I do plan some changes. 

Change number 1: more pictures.  Never mind if
they don't have anything to do with the post.  :P
I love this dress

First of all, I will update my pages.  (They're still the way they were when I put them up.  Naughty me.)

Then, I will put a list of the books I'm currently reading and the movies I'm currently watching on the sidebar and if you want a review of one of them, you only have to email me and I would be delighted.

Speaking of reviews, that reminds me.  What would you think of me setting up a book review blog?  I have a lot of ideas, but I don't want to clutter this blog with too many reviews.

Speaking of new blogs, what do you think of a writing blog.  It seems to be The Thing now to separate your main blog and your writing so as to keep everything organised.  I think it's a good idea.

And now, speaking of good ideas, I have come to the conclusion that my blog has an imbalance of sense and nonsense.  Nonsense is delightful, but without sense it is rather an unbalanced diet.  Like trying to survive on nothing but dark chocolate.  (Which would be amazing... for the first few hours.  I don't know what it would be like afterwards.  I've never had enough to try.)

But the question is, would you like me to set up a devotional/inspirational blog to keep the sense and the nonsense apart, or should I mix them together here?

And one more question, what do you think of me joining pinterest?  It looks lovely and fun, but also time-consuming and might take away from my blogging.

As you might have noticed, my thoughts aren't very organized just now.  I'm just putting out a few things that have been on my mind for your opinion. 

Since for some odd reason blogger doesn't let me put up polls with more than four answers I've put up two.  Please tell me what you think.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

happy 111! I love reading your blog, and I can't wait to see you implement the changes you have planned. :)

I'm going to send you an email about an idea I have, just so you know who the unknown email is from. :)

♥ Naomi ♥ said...

LOL! Yes, blogger won't let me do more then four answers on a poll either! Nice idea, doing two polls!

Lauren said...

Yay for Lord of the Rings references! :-)
I think a writing blog is a good idea. It does seem like an organized thing to do. Personally I think it would be cool if you kept both the sense and the nonsense on this site, though.
As for Pinterest, it is a great way to find all those pictures you want to add to your blog, and also a great way to organize inspiration and such. It can be addicting, though, so just be careful;-)
Wow, that was quite a long comment! Okay, I will be quiet now.
-Lauren

Ally said...

Am I dreaming? Can it be true? A literary blog, with dozens upon dozens of literary references to all of my favorite books, named after the darling sister of one of my favorite Austen heroes. *pinches self and looks down amazed at red spot on arm*

I'll be back, for sure.

And if you get the chance, do stop by charlieandmewrite.blogspot.com ... to get a peek at the writing adventures of two girls and their muses. ;)