Saturday, March 31, 2012

Meet the procrastinator

(This was actually written yesterday.  Yes, I am a procrastinator. )

On this 30th day of March, in the year 2012, I, Maria Elisabeth ------ do hereby announce my resolve and intention to participate in Script Frenzy by writing a proper script for Rilla of Ingleside.  On this same day I, the aforementioned, announce my intention, etc. not to attempt a proper script for Mansfield Park – unless I change my mind before April.

On this same day I, the aforementioned, realize that April is only two days away.  Ouch.  And here I was going to be so ready and prepared!  *scurries about madly, wondering what she needs to prepare for.*

I’m signing up with the Young Writer’s Program and making my goal 84 pages because I’ve never written a script before, other than a ridiculous and horribly boring unfinished one of St. Bartholomew’s Eve.  You know, a script with useless dialog, a love story without any romance and a war adventure written by a girl who is reluctant to let it have any more than a G rating.

It’s not too late for you either!  It isn’t April yet; you still have enough time to sign up and decide what to write about.  Really, it’s a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

Oh, yippee!!!! That sounds amazing. You absolutely must share a wee bit. YIKES. Sounds like soooo much fun. And Rilla needs a good script. :)

"You know, a script with useless dialog, a love story without any romance and a war adventure written by a girl who is reluctant to let it have any more than a G rating."

I have to say I just laughed and laughed at that. :) I'm sure this will be absolutely awesome. You go!!!