Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Since I am so ridiculously crazy.....

Here are the buttons I'm entering in Miss Dashwood's Period Drama Buttons contest.  I must say, I had way too much fun with these.


I know it is horrifying to take dear Mr. Knightley's words and put them on such a ridiculous proposal, but here they are.  If Mr. Collins had loved Elizabeth less (which is impossible) he might have been able to talk about it more (also impossible, very fortunately.)



Another horrible useage of poor Mr. Knightley's words, but I can confidently assert, on the authority of Sir Percy Blakeney, baronet, that Chauvelin's cravats were badly done, indeed.
(And besides, I find that picture hilarious.  Sir Percy's look of horror is priceless.)



I know that Lord of the Rings isn't exactly a period drama, but I think I can call this a common saying.  I quote Gollum almost every day. :P


I apoligize for the bad quality of the picture, it was the best I could find (shamelessly stolen off youtube, actually!) and this quote from The Young Victoria just had to go with Miss Bingley.  Yes indeed.  "Mr Darcy, come advise me......"




Don't I have any respect for the poor movies I'm messing up?
None at all :P
But I don't actually want the Day Dream sunk, just to clarify. :D


I hope you enjoyed seeing these.  Which was your favorite?

13 comments:

Miss Dashwood said...

*choking with laughter... have to hold it in, younger siblings are asleep...*
These. Are. Hysterical.

Lauren said...

I love these! My favorites are the ship with "sink me" and Lizzie and Darcey with "my precious." :)
-Lauren

Alexandra said...

Oh, Badly done, definitely. :-) I laughed so hard when I saw it... :-)

Emily said...

Oh my goodness! The Mr. Collins one made me laugh so hard! With Mr. Knightly's quote. Oh dear *cracks up again*

Jemimah said...

L-O-V-E the first one! Mr. Collins goes perfectly with that one!

Naomi said...

I loved the Lizzie and Darcey one with the "my precious" on it !! (: I am glad to see that I am not the only one who quotes Gollum every day!! (: (" :D

Melody said...

Maybe Mr. Collins's should say "If I loved you more I might be able to talk about it less."
hahaha....

Allison said...

The one of Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet with my 'preciousss' on it literally made me laugh out loud. It is a horrible thing to do! But oddly it seems to fit. Too funny!

SheHeartsBooks said...

Hello!

I was wondering if it would be alright if I listed this blog on my blog list on "Her History Shelf?"

Have a lovely week,

Grace

Maria Elisabeth said...

Grace,
Of course! I would love that.

Miss Laurie of Old-Fashioned Charm said...

These are so much fun! The Scarlet Pimpernel ones are especially hilarious but I love the Mr Collins ones too! :)

Hayden said...

"Badly Done"- hilarious! :)

Kympossible said...

"Badly done" is my favorite! Love them all though.