Thursday, December 8, 2011

Some things that made my week.....

Just a few posts from various blogs this week that I really liked.

Jane Austen Birthday Week at Between the Covers.  This celebration has some very challenging challenges including 'read[ing] two Austen novels, five Austen spin offs, sequels, and/or diaries, PLUS watch[ing] an Austen film.' I'm not sure I'll manage that since I've read all of the novels pretty recently and I have a hard time finding good spin-offs.

Lost in Austen book review at Regency Delight.  This create your own Jane Austen adventure book sounds intruiging, and I'm greatly looking forward to reading it.

Northanger Abbey Quiz at Old Fashioned Charm.  I love the quizes that Miss Laurie does, and although I didn't get a very good score, that just a reason to reread Northanger Abbey, right?

It's the Wee Things at Of Trims and Frills and Furbellows.  I LOVE these.  I think I'd want to visit Alexandra and steal, um, just happen to take, some of these.  She's used three of my absolute favorite books, Pride and Prejudice, A Tale of Two Cities, and The Scarlet Pimpernel.

Random Silliness at Yet Another Period Drama Blog.  I laughed so much when I read this.  I think most of us are officially obsessed with The Scarlet Pimpernel.

And another thing to make you laugh....
Mr. Woodhouse's advice for someone wondering to what to give his true love for the twelfth day of Christmas at the Republic of Pemberley.

Blessings,

2 comments:

Miss Dashwood said...

HA! Mr. Woodhouse's advice made me laugh out loud! Did you happen to read Mrs. Norris'?
"Do you have a niece to carry the presents to your true love on the 12th day? I will lend you Fanny." LOL!

Alexandra said...

Yes, we are obsessed. ;-)

So glad you liked the post! And if you liked the ornaments...you may like my giveaway coming up! :-)