Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Just to let you all know........

I watched The Scarlet Pimpernel.


And I loved it.  I'm too busy right down to go into as much detail as I could, so suffice it to say that I LOVED it. You girls give excellent advice. This movie even reconciled me to eighteenth century men's pigtails. :) 

The only thing I found to not like (read: absolutely love, except of course for parts of the Armand-Louise subplot) was the fact that they sometimes called Sir Percy Sir Percival.  His name is Percy.  I don't like the name Percival.  'Nuff said.

As I said, I'm pretty busy right know so you probably won't get a post from me for a while.  But before I go, I must remind you that a gentleman always removes his COAT!

Very important advice, but alas, a moment is all I can spare for you dear bloggy-friends,

5 comments:

Alexandra said...

Hurrah!!! Soooooooo glad you loved it!!! (claps)

Can't wait to see a detailed review eventually...please? :-)

And I had to laugh at the Percival thing. Now I'm wracking my brain to remember if he's ever actually called "Sir Percival Blakeney" in the book. Haha! This is going to bother me all night...hahaha.

And the pigtail thing cracked me up, too. :-)

Well, I'm glad you gave the film 'a sporting chance'! :-P

(I always say there's a Percy quote for everything! "Exactly so." :-))

Miss Dashwood said...

Squeal of excitement! I'm so glad you enjoyed this, m'dear. The coat quote is my little brother's favorite: he hasn't actually seen the movie, but he goes around quoting Sir Percy all the time, and he loves to say the part about the coat. :)

Elizabeth said...

Yay! I knew you'd like it. I really want to watch it now! Sink me, I haven't seen it for such a long time!

shieldmaidenthoughts said...

Oddsfish, m'dear! I LOVE Sir Percy Blakeney!!! That movie is one of my favorite of all time. =D
~ Mirriam

Charity U said...

Oooo, yes, I like this one, I really do! I don't really like the name Percy OR Percival. :P Oh well. Don't you love the dresses?

I hope you review this, I'd love to see that! :)