Monday, November 7, 2011

Sense and Sensibility Week Questions

Oh!  How could I!  I was planning to post this earlier so that you could get them ready early, so I'm very sorry.

1: When did you first read Sense and Sensibility?  Have you reread it since?  (If you're so dreadfully un-bookwormish as to have never read the book just go on to the next question.)

2: When did you first watch Sense and Sensibility? Which adaptation was it?

3: If you have watched/heard of more than one adaptation which one was your favorite? (Rants allowed)

4: Which three S&S characters drive you crazy?

5: Which heroine are you most like: Elinor or Marianne?

6: Who would be most enjoyable: (or bearable) Mr. Palmer or Mrs. Palmer?

7: What would be your reaction if you saw a re-write of Sense and Sensibility where it was Elinor who married Colonel Brandon?

8: Where does Sense and Sensibility rank in your list of favorite Austen novels?

I'll be posting my personal answers to these questions sometime this week.
Blessings,

4 comments:

OldFashionGirl said...

I'm excited! Thanks!
God Bless You for hosting this!

In His Wings said...

1. When I was 17, I first came in contact with Miss Austen's work by reading Pride & Prejudice. Within a week I had finished it & began reading Sense & Sensibility. I am definitely a bookworm & have devoured all of her works. I have read it 4 times since then.

2. I did not watch the film adaption until about 3 years ago. It was the 1995 version.

3. I have seen all 3 of the adaptions. I enjoyed the 1995 & the 2008 versions & I have enjoyed both of them. The only thing I do not like about the 2008 version is the beginning scene. It is somewhat inappropriate for young viewers.

4. Miss Lucy Steele, Mrs. Palmer, & Fanny Dashwood ( I greatly dislike that woman).

5. I would say that I am like both of them in many ways, perhaps though just a little more like Elinor.

6. Mr. Palmer, for although he has a droll sense of humor, I believe he is truly kind hearted. He also is a man of common sense, which his wife is not.

7. I think that Colonel Brandon would be far too sedate & melancholy without Marianne's lively nature to brighten him up.

8. I would say it is a tie for second with Pride & Prejudice, Sense & Sensibility, & Mansfield Park.

Eva-Joy said...

Answers to your questions:

1. I am reading it right now for the very first time (you inspired me to).

2. I first watched S and S about a year ago. It was the Emma Thompson version. I haven't watched any others.

3. No I haven't.

4. Willoughby, Mrs. Jennings, and Lucy Steele.

5. Elinor

6. Mr. Palmer

7. I don't think they're meant for each other so I'd probably be put out.

8. The fourth. This is a list of the Austen books in the order of most liked to least liked (I've read them all)

Emma
Pride and Prejudice
Northanger Abbey
Sense and Sensibility
Persuasion
Mansfield Park

But I like them all!

Lauren said...

Hi,
This looks like a lot of fun:)

1. My mom read it to me when I was nine. Since then I've read it twice.

2. I watched the 1995 version before I can really remember! My mom raised us on Jane Austen:)

3. I like the 1995 and 2008 versions in different ways. I like the tone and cinematography of 1995, and the accuracy of 2008. I'm not a fan of the BBC version from the 80's.

4. Lucy Steele
Fanny Dashwood
Mrs. Ferrars

5. Marianne. I'm a hopeless romantic:)

6. Mr. Palmer

7. I think it would be interesting. I'm not quite sure how it would play out, but there would be a lot of room for plot development.

8. Hmm. I think I would list them thusly.

Persuasion
Sense and Sensibility
Mansfield Park
Emma
Pride and Prejudice
Northanger Abby
Lady Susan
But I LOVE all of Jane Austen's work:)
Thanks for hosting this!

-Lauren