Monday, November 7, 2011

Monday: Your favorite adaptations

Miss Georgiana Darcy

Many of us have quite a clear idea of what we like and don't like from the last two Sense and Sensibility adaptations.  So, to see what are the favorites of all the participants in S&S Week I am putting up five polls on my left sidebar. 


What is your favorite version of S&S?
1995 (Columbia)
2008 (BBC)

Who's your favorite Edward Ferrars?
Hugh Grant (1995)
Dan Stevens (2008)

Who's your favorite Colonel Brandon?
Alan Rickman (1995)
David Morrissey (2008)

Who's your favorite Elinor?
Emma Thompson (1995)
Hattie Morahan (2008)

Who's your favorite Marianne?
Kate Winslet (1995)
Charity Wakefield (2008)

Please vote!

3 comments:

Miss Elizabeth Bennet said...

My favorite Sense and Sensibility is the 1995 movie, though I also enjoyed the 2008 miniseries. I thought that Emma Thompson was the better Elinor, Kate Winslet the better Marianne, Dan Stevens the better Edward, and Alan Rickman the better Colonel Brandon.

Miss Laurie of Old-Fashioned Charm said...

I really enjoyed the cast from S&S 2008. I love Hattie Monahan, Charity Wakefield, Dan Stevens and the fact that all of the cast seemed to be young and fresh and suit the characters. S&S 1995 was my first love though and that Colonel Brandon, Mrs. Jennings, Fanny Dashwood, Mr. Willoughby and Charlotte Palmer will always have a place in my Jane Austen favorites.
I also like the 1981 BBC adaptation quite well, it's a very faithful adaptation but not that exciting.
Fun polls! :)

Lauren said...

I like them both! I'm not sure I could pick one.
My favorite Edward, Colonel Brandon, and Marianne are the 2008 actors. I like Emma Thompson as Elinor. Kate Winslet just seems a little to old to be sixteen to me:)
-Lauren