Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Would you participate in a Sense and Sensibility blog event?

2011 is the 200th anniversary of the publication of Sense and Sensibility. (The precise day is not known, unfortunately)  And of course, we cannot let such an occasion go by without a blog event, right?  Sense and Sensibility may not have the brilliance of Pride and Prejudice or Emma, but it is a beautiful, elegantly crafted story nonetheless and deserves a lot more recognition than it gets.  I know that many of you have not read this novel for a long time, perhaps not at all.  I highly encourage you to at least start reading it.

I was thinking of maybe a week-long event, with stuff to get everyone involved like at Elegance of Fashion's Jane Austen Week or Anne Elliot's Birthday Party at Old-Fashioned Charm.  But the thing is; I've never done a blog event before, and even if I did, I'm not sure if anyone would join.  So my new poll is: would you participate in a Sense and Sensibility blog event? 

Now, even if all of you were just longing for such an event I couldn't do it on my own, so I'm looking for someone to be a co-hoster.  I have almost no experience with blog events, and I am woefully inept with such indispensible things such as buttons and banners.  But with another blogger I'm sure we'd be able to to make an amazing event and have a lovely time.

Please? I know you'd do a wonderful job.  And even if you don't think so, you must be able to at least help me with it.  Please?

Blessings,

P.S. If you could co-host or have any suggestions, please comment or email me at 25elisabeth-at-gmail-dot-com Thanks!

9 comments:

Miss Elizabeth Bennet said...

I would be interested in getting involved in a Sense and Sensibility blog event. If you would like some help, I would be willing to help.

Miss Laurie of Old-Fashioned Charm said...

A Sense & Sensibility event would be lovely! I'd definitely participate and post about the event on my blog. I'm not as experienced with making images as Miss Elizabeth but I'll help in any way I can with ideas and a few posts if you'd like.

Miss Dashwood said...

I would dearly love to participate in a Sense and Sensibility blog event! I'm very inept at creating buttons, banners and blinkies (can't even make a blog button for my own blog! shameful!) but I am full of ideas. :P I think I may drop you an e-mail with some suggestions.
Thanks for coming up with such a lovely idea!

SheHeartsBooks said...

I could help you with buttons and stuff if you like.

Have a lovely week,

Grace

Abby said...

Wonderful idea :) I was thinking of doing a S&S themed post for the anniversary (which I think is meant to be in either October or November, although I'm not too sure on that). I would offer my help but like you I've never done an event before, so I think you'd be better off accepting Miss Elizabeth Bennet's offer :)

~Abby

Melody said...

Yes, of course I would! Wonderful idea!

Melody said...

And if you want some extra help, I'd be willing. :) I do like being on the 'inside' of blog events. tehe

Elizabeth said...

I would love to do this. It would just depend on what is going on in my life. I have been really busy with school, so I will see what happens. I would love to try though!

janice15 said...

I WOULD LOVE TOO...WHAT WOULD WE BE DOING????