Wednesday, October 26, 2011

What I'm doing this November

Writing a whole novel in one month.  How does that sound?
Scary?
Yes
Exciting?
Of course.

Which is why I'm doing NaNoWriMo.  I've done this for two years already on the Young Writer's Program.  I wrote two novels which were more like 'novelettes' since both of them were under 20,000 words.  This year I'm going big and doing it on the main site - which means you have to write 50,000 words, or more.

In the next few weeks I'll probably be posting some writing related things, which I hope you'll like.  If you don't like those kind of things, though, feel free to ignore them. 

Now, do you want to do NaNo too?  If you are I'd love it if you'd give me your username so that we can be writing buddies (I'm on the main site as Miss Georgiana and the Young Writer's Program as Miss_Georgiana). 

Have fun!

P. S. The planning for the Sense and Sensibility event is going nicely, and I hope to put up an announcement post as soon as all the buttons and banners are done.

6 comments:

Abby said...

Me and friend tried Nanowrimo a few years back, but weren't very successful! After hearing that lots of other bloggers are participating this year, I'm debating whether I should attempt...it's definitely a challenge, and will probably involve a break from blogging :/ Hmm...do you reccommend that I join up to the Young Writer's Program rather than the main site, since this will be my first time?

~Abby

Miss Dashwood said...

Ooh, goody! I'm doing NaNoWriMo too--I'm looking forward to reading your posts about it!

Maria Elisabeth said...

@Abby- If you don't want to have to write a really long novel I'd recommend you go with the Young Writer's Program. If you want to be on the main site but aren't sure if you'll win you can sign up on both.

@Miss Dashwood- It's so wonderful that you're doing it too.

Abby said...

Okay, I've pretty much decided I'm going to do it now, and I think I'll go with the Young Writer's Program :) Ooh this is so exciting! I have an idea and everything...

Do you have any tips from your experience of doing it?

~Abby

Naomi said...

I may do it... but it probably won't be more then 5,000 words. I'll give you my username if I participate.

Jen Corkill said...

I am trying this as well. Need to start tonight! I did a bit of outlining so we'll see. make sure you blog your progress!

Jen