Friday, October 28, 2011

Announcing Sense and Sensibility Week!!!

The Sense and Sensibility Week is scheduled for November 6-12!  This week will include tag questions, discussion posts, quizzes, tournaments, and more.  Even if you don't have a clue what Sense and Sensibility is about I highly encourage you to read or watch it so that you can join in the fun! 

Here are some buttons and banners for you to put on your blogs.  All of these were made by the talented (and appropriately named) Miss Dashwood from Yet Another Period Drama Blog.  Thank you so much, Miss Dashwood! 
Miss Georgiana Darcy

Miss Georgiana Darcy

Miss Georgiana Darcy

Miss Georgiana Darcy

Miss Georgiana Darcy

Miss Georgiana Darcy
Miss Georgiana Darcy

Miss Georgiana Darcy

Miss Georgiana Darcy


Miss Georgiana Darcy


Miss Georgiana Darcy


Miss Georgiana Darcy


Miss Georgiana Darcy


Miss Georgiana Darcy


Miss Georgiana Darcy

Miss Georgiana Darcy


Aren't they just amazingly beautiful?  I've never made a button or a banner in my life so I'm especially grateful to Miss Dashwood for doing it for me.  Please put these on your blogs and spread the word! 

Very sensibly yours,

13 comments:

Rachel and Sarah said...

Lovely lovely lovely! I can't wait. :) ~Rachel

Miss Dashwood said...

Squeeeeee! I'm so excited!
Unfortunately I can't make up my mind about which banners to put on my blog. Maybe that's because I chose all of my favorite pictures to use. :P
Thanks so much for letting me make the buttons. It was an honor!!

Miss Elizabeth Bennet said...

Definitely participating! I'll be adding one of these buttons to my sidebar!

Jemimah C. said...

I'm not sure if I'll be able to join this event, though I would very much like to. But I'll add an event banner/button on my blog for my viewers to see.

Abby said...

Lovely buttons and banners! I'm really excited for this week: I've been re-watching S&S 2008 lately, and have really enjoyed falling in love with the story all over again :)

~Abby

C.C.Shoshanah said...

Oooooh, how exciting! Sense and sensibility is one of my favourite Austen novels! =)
xxx

Kathryn Ross said...

Dearest Miss Georgiana,
What a delight to meet you through our mutual friend, Lizzie Bennet. I fear I don't have the luxury of so very much time to pursue my novel writing as I'd like, but I am very interested in your writing efforts and all things BBC Austen and Dickens period drama. My daughter and I are great fans, so following your blog - and, it would seem, other young ladies in your society of friends and interests - is a joy.

I hope you'll visit me at The Writer's Reverie. I'll keep you on my Blog List and hope to participate on occasion in your events and discussions. I love our 19th century writers - writing about life in a slower, pastoral era, from the Biblical worldview of the age. Certainly not a perfect age - but, for my part, a more civilized society than today.

Do be sure to drop by for an upcoming Tuesday teatime post of mine - sometime this month, I haven't decided when, yet - as I will be featuring a whimsical little something about Jane Austen and tea. Hope to see you there.

Joy!
Miss Kathy

Meghan said...

Cannot wait to participate...and also I'm so happy to have found your blog via Beautiful Blank Pages!

Miss Laurie of Old-Fashioned Charm said...

Lovely! This even sounds like so much fun! I'm going to put one of these lovely buttons on my blog right now! You did such a nice job Miss Dashwood! :)

Melody said...

Yay yay yay!!!! I'm so glad somebody's doing something for Sense and Sensibility anniversary!

Jen Corkill said...

Thank you for stopping by! I am pleased you enjoyed the interview. Miss Laurie is so delightful and I enjoyed coming up with the questions.
I am adding your link to my page as well! Your S&S week looks delicious. I am going to try and participate in between Nanowrimo.

Jen Corkill

Ella said...

Sounds fun!

OldFashionGirl said...

Sound amazing! So excited!
Thanks!