Thursday, September 8, 2011

Hello and Blog Awards!

Before I continue, I will just mention that no, I haven't forgotten you, and yes, it isn't my fault that you didn't get any posts in the last week.  We were changing internet providers and somehow that involves being without internet for quite a while.  I have never figured out why.


Anyways, Mel, Charity U., and Melody awarded me the Liebster Award!  Thank you a lot!  This award is for people with less than 200 follows, and I think the idea is, that they deserve more.  Here are the rules:




1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them.  Thank you, thank you, thank you, for my first awards!  (That wasn't very hard.)  Mel blogs at But when a young lady is to be a heroine, (I love that sentence :) Charity blogs at Austenitis (The name says it all!) and Melody blogs at Regency Delight ~ Jane Austen &c (I love those '&c's; they sound so Austenish, don't you think?)
2. Give the Liebster Blog Award to five bloggers and comment on their blogs, letting them know they got it. 
Well, when I first saw this award making the rounds of the blog world, I thought, "If I ever get this I'll award Miss Elizabeth Bennet, and I'll award Melody and I'll award...............
But now that I've gotten it, and seen that these many of those who I hoped to give it to awarded and re-awarded, so now I'll try to give this award to blogs who have never gotten it before.


Tarissa from In the Bookcase
Michaela from like pearls slipping off a string
Jessica from Safirewriter
Abigail from Old-Fashioned Beauty
Rachel and Sarah from Our Family View From Us Two


Here I thought I was going to have such a hard time finding five of my favourite blogs with less than 200 followers and not previously awarded.  Instead I found  out that I can't give this award to a lot of the bloggers I would have liked to!
3. Copy and paste the award to your blog. You can see it if you scroll up.
4. Have faith your followers will spread the love to other bloggers Oh yes
5. Have blogging fun! I had that, certainly.  Thanks so much for awarding me!




And Charity U. awarded me the One Lovely Blog Award.


Thank you so much!  This award has only two rules: tell seven random facts about yourself and award 15 other people.


Random Fact One: Although I don't think my blog is that random, I am a very random person in real life.
2: Right now I forgot to put my retainers back on after lunch (see, I said I was random)
3: Although I don't look at all like my idea of Georgiana Darcy, I know one person who looks exactly right.
4: I am obsessed with chocolate.
5: Colors like blue and pink together drive me crazy, but I love pink and green together.
6: I am obsessed with card-making, particularly when I have a good audiobook to listen to while I do it.
7: My birthday is in November too.


It's so nice to be able to award 15 people!  Now I'll be able to award almost all of my favorite blogs, except for those who I know don't 'do' awards.


Austenitis
But when a young lady is to be a heroine
Elegance of Drama
Elegance of Fashion
Feminine Farmgirl
Genuine Glee
Grace's Garden Walk
Living on Literary Lane
Old-Fashioned Charm
One Girl in a Big Family
Regency Delight ~ Jane Austen &c
Seven Sisters
The Inkpen Authoress
The secret life of daydreams
Umbrella Girl


Blessings,

3 comments:

Naomi said...

WOW THANKS!!! :)

TTYL, Naomi

Miss Elizabeth Bennet said...

Thanks for the award! :-)

Melody said...

I'm glad to know you were thinking of awarding me in the first one...and thank you muchly for the second! :)

You know, the font you used for &c. actually looks a little bit like etc. How neat! =)

Thanks again! =)