Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Ultimate Book Bash Tag, Part 2

20. Name three books everyone should read. I'm not sure, people are so different it really depends what they'll like and learn from.
21. Name two books we wouldn't have expected you to enjoy.  The Asterix and Obelix series by Rene Goscinny and Albert Underzo.  Definately something that Miss Darcy wouldn't read, but I like them.   
22. Name three books that have good movies to go with them.  Emma, P&P, Robin Hood (I know this is silly, but I like the Disney version, you know, the one where Prince John is a tiger!)
23. Any books coming out soon that you're looking forward to? Not really
24. Name two authors you'd like to talk to.  Rachel Heffington (Sorry, Rachel, I really wasn't going to mention you in this post for fear of getting your head turned) and I don't know.  Most of the authors that I like are dead.
25. Science fiction or a fairy tale? Fairy tale.
26. A classic book you haven't read is...? The Scarlet Pimpernel, although I want to and I hope to do it soon.
27. Shakespeare or George Bernard Shaw (who wrote Pygmalion)? Shakespeare
28. Name a movie (or two) where it's actually better than the  book.  The Sound of Music is a lot more interesting than The Von Trapp Family Singers, the book that inspired it.
29. Where is your favorite place to read? On a cosy couch or chair, eating chocolate.
30. What are your favorite quotes from books? Oh, I don't know.  I normally randomly pick quotes to puzzle my family with on the spur of the moment.
31. What book would you most like to see made into a movie?  The Horse and His Boy by C. S. Lewis
32. What book character do you identify the most with? Georgiana Darcy, Elizabeth Bennet, and Marianne Dashwood.


Blessings,

Oh, and I think that today is Jane Austen day at Austenitis.

2 comments:

Charity U said...

Ha, you're the second one in a row to say you'd like to see "Horse and His Boy" as a movie. :) The other was Jemimah C, from Beautiful Blank Pages. :)

Awesome choice! It's true, Sound of Music is way better than the book. I forgot about that one!

And yes, today is Jane Austen Day. :) I need to go work on my posts. :)

Naomi said...

Oh my goodness those comics are my fave ever! So glad u like them!