Thursday, June 9, 2011

Literary Tag

I just found a interesting literary tag through Alexandra's blog. The thing is, I learned about it a little late, so I'll be posting three questions and answers per day until I get on track.

Question 1: a fictional character that you identify with and why
(Something makes me think that this will be a long, multi-character answer.)

via with some cropping
Georgiana Darcy
You could have probably guessed this one: Georgiana is sweet, affectionate, very shy, and sometimes naive. She's not enlarged on very much in either the book or the movies but that just gives room for possibilites. Under her shyness is are many personality traits few have seen..................

via

Elizabeth Bennet
I probably identify with Elizabeth more than I do with Georgiana. (Because I know more about her to identify with.) Elizabeth has a good sense of humour, and is quick to notice the ridiculous. But she can be serious too, if necessary. She doesn't believe good about everyone like Jane does, but she values Jane all the more for that. Besides, can you read Pride and Prejudice almost a million times without identifying with her?
via

Elinor and Marianne Dashwood
I identify with Marianne in the 'passionate about everything' and 'love of tragic romances' sense, but I think I'm more like Elinor in that I don't show it that obviously. Also, I think I would be more attentive to social rules and silly people (like Mrs Jennings and Lady Middleton.)

On the list of literary characters I identify with are also:
Catherine Morland
Anne Shirley
Diana Barry
Clover Carr
Amy March
Jo March
(I won't go into detail now. Maybe later.)

Question 2: Your earliest memory of reading or being read to
I was about two and a half and we were sitting on the floor of a house we had just moved into. Dad was reading out loud one of the Little House books. {I think I was grumpy too, I don't know why.}
It just happens to be that is is my earliest memory at all. Maybe that has something to do with my current book addiction................

Question 3: Your favourite book aged 9 1/2 or 13 3/4, whichever you remember best
Well, I don't remember it very well, but my favourite novel at 9 1/2 was probably The Lonely Sentinel by Piet Prins. It could have very well been something else, though.

Love,

No comments: