Friday, June 10, 2011

Literary Tag Days 7 - 9

Question 7: What fictional character are you (secretly) in love with?
Well, this question could be interpreted in three ways.
1: a ridiculous and irrational infatuation for somebody who doesn't exist.
2: when you read a book, you step into the main character's shoes, and while you feel like you're that character you are 'in love' with whoever the main character is in love with.
3: a general admiration for a pretty nice hero.

I think I'm going to answer question 3.  I really like Mr. Knightley, because he loves Emma enough not to be blind to her faults, and wants to make her a better woman, even if it is at the cost of her regard for him. 
To that list add Darcy, Tilney, Wentworth, and all the other Austen heroes.
Most of the heroes from the Henty books, especially Rupert from The Cornet of Horse, Edmund from The Dragon and the Raven, and Philip from St. Bartholomew's Eve. They're so generally nice, with a whole pile of virtues stuck into one guy, but not still not quite perfect. 

Question 8: the last book you acquired and how (begged, bought, borrowed?)
The last book I acquired was The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas borrowed from the library.  Other than library books it was the free copy of my nanowrimo novel from Create Space.

Question 9: your current read, your last read, and the book you'll read next.
My current read: Crushed Yet Conquering by Deborah Alcock, and on audio book; Emma by Jane Austen.  My last read: The Black Arrow by Robert Louis Stevenson. The book I'll read next: probably The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, but I'm not sure.  It depends on what I feel like when I start reading.

Love,

P.S. In the hero tournament, Wentworth is thirteen votes behind Thornton.  Darcy and Knightley are tied.  It seems that Darcy wants to do something like in the book and waits until the end to make himself liked............

No comments: