Thursday, June 30, 2011

Literary Tag Days 26 -30

Question 26: Most quotable novel of five of your favourite quotes from any books.  
Ohhhhh, it would be too hard to chose my five favourite quotes, so I'll just say that Pride and Prejudice is very quotable.  I quote Lady Catherine incessantly.

Question 27: Any five books from your 'to be read' stack.  What makes you select a book for your 'to be read' stack?
It normally depends on what I'm feeling like when I start reading.  Normally I don't have a 'to be read' stack, but now I do - it's the pile of books I'm taking along on holidays!
A Loyal Huguenot Maid by Margaret S. Comrie (reread)
Probable Sons by Amy Le Feuvre (reread - lovely little book!)
Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O' Dell.
If All the Swords in England by Barbara Willard
Rose in Bloom by Louisa May Alcott (reread)

Question 28: Some firsts: first book that you remember loving/being obsessed with.  The Young Huguenots by Edith Floyer.  First book that made you cry. probably the same.  First book you gave to someone else as a gift.  I don't know, but it could have been Heidi by Joanna Spyri.

Question 29: Saddest character death or most satisfying character death (or both.) 
The death of Claude Brousson in Done and Dared in Old France by Deborah Alcock.  It was probably both.

Question 30: The end: do you prefer to have everything tied up or be able to 'make up your own mind'?  Considering that the author made up his/her mind about what should happen through the whole book, I like to see what they say happens in the end.  What is the worst ending to a book you have read?  Having endings at all is often unpleasant, but as I said before, a good feeling is a horrible end to a book.  And the best? I like the ending of The Lost Baron by Allen French because it told what happened to all of the characters.  Still, I like to be able to speculate a little too.

So, this is the end of the Literary Tag!  I will be leaving for holidays tomorrow, and probably won't have internet access for most of the time, but I have some posts scheduled and I will answer your comments in about three weeks when I get back. :)   

Love,

2 comments:

Melody said...

Pride and Prejudice...has... the...best...quotes. I LOVE THEM!! =D =D =D

Tarissa said...

I've enjoyed reading through the answers of the Literary Tag! Island of the Blue Dolphins is a pretty good book which I immensely liked. There's a sequel too, if you're interested, called Zia.

This list also reminded me that I really need to read Rose in Bloom! Ach! I read Eight Cousins several months ago, and need to follow up with Rose in Bloom.

Enjoy your Independence Day weekend!
~ Tarissa