Thursday, June 16, 2011

Literary Tag Days 15 & 16

Question 15: Do you recommend books to other people?  To people in my family or close friends sometimes.
If you could force everyone you know to read one book, what would it be?  Other than the Bible, Do Hard Things and Pride and PrejudiceDo Hard Things because it's very Christian and motivational; it's the kind of book that everyone, whether I know them or not, should read.  Pride and Prejudice because it's just so.....amazing.  Even apart from the wonderful plot line and delighful characters, everyone should be able to read and recognize such genius. 

Question 16: Adaptation: what book would you most like to see made into a film?  I'm not sure.  Whatever the book is, I'd like to write the script and act in it!  (Not that my scriptwriting and acting skills are good, unfortunately.) :(
Do you like to read the book first or see the film? Oh, read the book first, of course.
Any books you have read after seeing the film version?  Not really, I'm normally pretty good at reading the book first, but when I was younger, before I really read a lot, I watched things like 'The Sound of Music' without reading the book.  Oh *blushes* I watched the 2005 Pride and Prejudice without reading the book.  I know, bad idea, but now I've read the book many times and, incidentally, the 2005 version isn't my favourite P&P adaptation.  How can it be, when there's the wonderful, magnificent, amazing, delightful, P&P 1995 around? (I know, I'm slightly obsessed, I can't help it.)

Thank you for voting on my polls.  I'm glad to see that you don't seem to mind getting Jane Austen posts and book and movie reviews, because in all likelihood you'll be getting a lot of them. :)
And I'm glad to find out that most of you like my current font.  I was really hoping you'd say you liked it, because fonts in another one of my obsessions. 

Love,

No comments: